NAFTC – Alternative Fuel Vehicle Towing and Roadside Assistance Training Online
National Alternative Fuels Training Consortium (NAFTC)
This course is being offered at no charge for a limited time
Friday, April 5, 2019 at 8:00 AM – Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 5:00 PM (EDT)
With as many vehicles on the roadways as there are today, it is inevitable that there will be a need for skilled and trained towing and roadside assistance providers. In addition, due to possible vehicle accidents, the need remains for first responders, including non-traditional first responders, such as towing and roadside assistance, to be available to assist on the scene of an accident.
While there are existing education and training programs in place for the towing and recovery industry, a need is surfacing due to today’s new vehicle technologies, in particular alternative fuel vehicles and advanced technology vehicles. These vehicles may be different, but they are as safe as conventional vehicles. Even so, it is important that towing and recovery operators understand how these vehicles are different from conventional vehicles and how to properly and most efficiently haul and transport them.
Today’s alternative fuel vehicle classification include electric drive, propane, natural gas, ethanol, biodiesel, and hydrogen powered vehicles.
This course consists of 11 chapters:
- Chapter 0 – Course Introduction
- Chapter 1 – Introduction to Towing and Roadside Assistance
- Chapter 2 – Introduction to Alternative Fuel Vehicles
- Chapter 3 – Towing and Roadside Assistance Best Practices
- Chapter 4 – Alternative Fuel Vehicle Identification
- Chapter 5 – Towing Alternative Fuel Vehicles
- Chapter 6 – Roadside Assistance and Alternative Fuel Vehicles
- Chapter 7 – Spills and Leaks
- Chapter 8 – Fire
- Chapter 9 – Safety, Personal Protective Equipment, and First Aid
- Chapter 10 – Course Conclusion and Test
By successfully completing the end of course test, the participant will be able to download and print a course certificate.