BECOME A MEMBER
Is your automotive program ASE-certified? Are you now or do you have plans to offer instruction about alternative fuel and electric vehicles?
Since 1992, NAFTC has been providing education about alternative fuel and electric vehicles for automotive instructors nationwide about:
- Electric Vehicles and Hybrid Electric Vehicles
- Compressed and Liquid Natural Gas Vehicles
- Propane Autogas Vehicles
- And others!
Perks of Education Membership
Education Membership is by institution. All automotive instructors in a member institution receive the benefits of membership for one annual membership fee.
Education Members enjoy networking opportunities through periodic NAFTC meetings and webinars, online and in-person. Networking happens with each other as well as with private sector and government stakeholders seeking to advance the adoption of alternative fuel and electric vehicles and through the NAFTC Learning Center (Coming Soon) Instructor Community.
As an NAFTC Education Member, your institution is eligible to receive training specific to the fuels your program intends to teach. Our train-the-trainer courses are taught by leaders in automotive education, many of whom are NAFTC Education Members themselves.
Once trained, your institution may then purchase and use NAFTC materials in traditional print format or digitally online through the NAFTC Learning Center Libraries under an annual subscription. Education Members’ students may access specific titles in the Learning Center’s digital Student Library using codes purchased either by the students themselves or by the Education Member for distribution to their students. Education materials feature instructor and student textbooks, instructor PowerPoint slides, tests, shop exercises, training videos, and other tools to help you educate the automotive workforce of the future. Browse our Learning Center Instructor Library and Student Library.
Education Members also have the opportunities to:
- Partner with NAFTC Headquarters at West Virginia University on proposals to federal funding agencies to advance curriculum for alternative fuel and electric vehicles and expand the network of institutions nationwide that can offer these courses. Such partnership can help underwrite costs related to curriculum development and training which have benefitted members throughout the years.
- Be Listed on NAFTC’s website, bringing additional recognition to a member’s institution through affiliation with a leading brand known nationally for alternative fuel and electric vehicle training.
- Participate in standing and Ad-Hoc committees to provide guidance to the NAFTC Executive Director about the direction of the overall program.
To inquire about membership, contact Trina Wafle
, or by phone (304) 293-7882
“The NAFTC offers member meetings that provide networking opportunities and unique alternative fuels training that are not available anywhere else. The connections made and training received through the NAFTC have had a profound impact on our ability to advance our alternative fuels training program.”
-Kent Johnson, Assoc. Prof. & Chair, Automotive Trades Dept.,School of applied Technology, Alfred State College