Alternative Fuel Vehicle Towing and Roadside Assistance Training
Course Type: Online
This course has been developed by the National Alternative Fuels Training Consortium in conjunction with the U.S. Department of Energy. This online training explores the various fuels, their properties and origins, how these vehicles differ from conventionally fueled vehicles, and the proper procedures to follow when towing or offering roadside assistance to alternative fuel and advanced technology vehicles. After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of alternative fuel and advanced technology vehicles.
- Properly and safely identify, assess, and approach an electric drive vehicle (EV) or alternative fuel vehicle (AFV).
- Identify potential hazards of working with an EV or AFV.
- Discuss safety procedures to be followed in towing or offering roadside assistance to an EV or AFV.
- Understand basic properties of EVs and AFVs.
- Describe correct personal protective equipment to be used in dealing with an EV or AFV.
- Follow proper towing and roadside assistance procedures for EVs and AFVs
This Alternative Fuel Vehicles Towing and Roadside Assistance course contains 10 chapters and one comprehensive test.
At the end of the course and once you have completed and passed the comprehensive test included in Chapter #10 - Course Conclusion - Comprehensive Test, you will have the option to get a printable NAFTCC (NAFTC Certificate).
If you have issues enrolling in this online course, please call us at (304) 293-7882.