Alternative Fuel Vehicle Recycling Safety Training
Course Type: Online
Completion Time: Self-paced approx. 2 hours
Alternative fuel vehicles (AFVs) are becoming more common on our nation’s roadways. With increased vehicle use, more and more of these vehicles will reach the end of their life span and wind up in an automotive recycling location. While these vehicles may look like their traditional counterparts, there are key differences. As an automotive recycling operator, you should be aware of the characteristics of alternative fuel vehicles and electric drive vehicles (EVs) to ensure your safety and that of those working with you. Accessible from any computer with internet access, this AFV and Advanced Technology Vehicle Training for Automotive Recycling Operators will provide automotive recycling operators with training on safety, proper procedures to follow when interacting with AFVs and EVs, and the possible hazards of dealing with AFVs and EVs in an automotive recycling environment.
- Discuss the importance of alternative fuel and advanced technology vehicles.
- Properly and safely identify, assess, and approach an electric drive vehicle (EV) or alternative fuel vehicle (AFV).
- Identify potential hazards of working with an EV or AFV.
- Discuss fuel storage and system components of EVs and AFVs.
- Understand basic properties of EVs and AFVs.
- Describe correct personal protective equipment to be used in dealing with an EV or AFV.
- Follow proper procedures for dismantling, recycling, and crushing EVs and AFVs.
This Alternative Fuel Vehicles - Automotive Recycling Safety Training course contains 7 chapters and one comprehensive test.
At the end of the course and once you have completed and passed "Chapter 7 - Course Conclusion & Comprehensive Test" , you will have the option to get a printable NAFTCC (NAFTC Certificate).
If you have issues enrolling in this online course, please call us at (304) 293-7882.
|AFV/EV Safety Training: Towing and Roadside Assistance|
|AFV/EV Safety Training: Automotive Recycling|